Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

September 22, 2010

Doing

So I created this blog for the purposes of posting my epic adventures from being a PC Volunteer. And yes, those adventures will happen. I just don't know when, but I have faith and reason to think that this means I will get an assignment that will be better for me. Until then, you will just have to hear about my attempts-to-be-epic adventures from out here in the "Heartland" of Nebraska.

I made the decision to get a job, trying to get back into HD since I am loathe to let my awesome paint skills go to waste (haha) so we shall see if it happens. Though, the allure of learning more skills is always tempting to my wandering soul. I am very much considering something out of the ordinary- desk clerk for a medical office, construction, teaching, etc. Who knows?

As I was telling my mom, I hate school, but I love learning. I don't really have a decent explanation for this additional quirk of mine, but there it is. Maybe the learning through doing and making is what actually intrigues me. Which would explain why I like the sciences with the experiments and hands-on learning. Where math, history, and English would trend nine times out of ten to be not hands on. You were simply expected to grasp a concept and take it as exactly what the teachers or books say. Now, don't get me wrong I have absolute faith in the education system, public and private schools alike. I just like learning more when its outside the books and not required of me to prove myself to others. I want to prove myself to myself.

So enough about my random considerations of learning, off to work. Well off to finding a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment