Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

May 31, 2011

In Ukraine, looking at a poster of Che Guevara

So I am going to wing this entry- I haven't written it out in Word prior to, but I have internet time today (lessons are cut down an hour and I don't have tutoring today) and so I will ramble for your entertainment. :)

Last Sunday, I spent 2 hours hand washing clothes. I will officially be hugging washing machines for the rest of my life. And dryers.

I am borrowing my clustermate's Nook. I am in love with the portability of an entire library. In fact, I am tempted to just kidnap an ransom his... OK not really, but I like it all the same!
.... On the same note, I really should spend more time studying Ukrainian or bonding with my host family. But how do I turn down LoTR?!

And in appreciation of your appreciation of my random meals: Yesterday after helping in the garden (weeding just the flower bed aka pulling nettles) my mom offered me homemade Kefir. Which is like a form of yogurt. Mind you, homemade means that as far as I know the giant jar of whole (fresh, unpasteurized) milk had been sitting on the counter for a few days and she just poured it into my glass. Add some sugar, ignore the texture and ta-da something along the lines of sweet sour milk?

And for the two week countdown, the LPI next week. And the 13th I find out where my site is! (Which means at that time I will have a real addy!!)

And just heads up, new poem coming soon (ish) and maybe the new drawing in my book!

Love to all, as always

No comments:

Post a Comment