I wanted to start naming this post words of wisdom, but then I realized that it was more of personal opinions and such shenanigans so I decided against that title. Otherwise, mostly I just wanted to throw some words out regarding first cashiering and second my generation. Though, on second thought maybe this is really applicable towards any generation that cares to take a gander...
1. I am a cashier, it is what pays my bills. I don't particularly like my job but I do it well. So, if you come in with an attitude and whine off to me it's not going to get you anywhere. Because, I don't care. Really, if the product you paid in pennies for yesterday (because trust me, even if you don't remember me, I remember you) doesn't work I don't care. Also, if you achieve a since of victory because the manager contradicted what I said, I still don't care. However, you come in and you talk to me nicely and are respectful and polite, you know I might just find that extra coupon sitting under my counter and accidentally scan it multiple times. And, I might call other stores to get your item shipped to you. But really, I still don't care.
2. Guys, here is the easiest way to avoid the "does this (insert garment) make me look fat?" question. Tell her that she looks good. She is dressing up for you and if she knows that you like what you see she won't ask for reassurance. It's that simple.
OK, I am sure I had more important opinions to post, but the Mom has the home videos playing and I have the urge to go and defend my six year old self's honor.... I swear there was a legitimate reason why I was acting that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment