Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

March 11, 2011

Packing Stress. I will take that to go, please.

Today is the NINE day countdown start!! And this is my running commentary in my head:
-Power of Attorney
-Verify that bank knows the deal
-Get pre-paid package for phone
-Try not to stress
-Plan for transport from airport to hotel
-Pack, pack and more packing (for both this weekend- heading to Colorado for family time, then for UKRAINE!!)
-Try not to stress
-Practice Ukrainian
-Get emails/skypes/addresses for everyone
-Try not to stress
-Eat everything (I will probably be fat by the time I leave)
-Try not to stress

It's so crazy, this whole stressing issues. I am so used to be a spur of the moment person. I make the decision and then go. And because I just do it I never have a chance to get to the nitty-gritty of stressing. Now, with the PC, it's all about the waiting and the prepping. It has been fifteen months of prepping. And since that is plenty of time, my extra time can now be devoted to stressing. Ugh. Not good for me. The second guessing what to bring and pack, whether I am good enough to do this, all of it.

The thing is though, that I KNOW that I am supposed to be a PCV. It was that moment of inspiration that started this whole process for me. Just knowing that I really am supposed to be going through this, and that the adventure that starts when I leave next Monday (the 21st) is going to make it totally worth it. So, I will spend this weekend with my wonderful family and I will take this stress. Besides, maybe it's only fair, if I have never really stressed about something before, I have a lot of stressing to catch up on. Heavens knows it would make it easier for me to sympathize with my friends (a few of whom I tell they stress too much!).

So back to packing, now for Colorado. And starting Tuesday, packing for Ukraine!!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to message you and Natalie to see if you wanted to get a shuttle! I figure all of our luggage would not fit into a cab, lol.

    ReplyDelete