Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

September 23, 2011

Post Miserable Blob-ness Rambles

Yes. I am homesick. I miss my people. I miss my stomping ground. I miss hot water. I miss washing machines. I miss avocados and Fruit Loops and Cheerios and Jiff. I miss independence. I miss English. And I may even go so far as to say I miss Florida.

It's hard to be in a foreign country, alone. And I knew this, but somehow I didn't prepare for this to be intensified when I get sick. Well, mostly it's because I have a pretty rock solid immune system. Well, not here I don't. So spending the last three days in bed- not an exaggeration- has really made me homesick.

But, I am on the recovery now (thank you Z-Paks and peanut butter) and things are getting better. Thank you to everyone who has sent prayers, thoughts, love, emails, packages (Meghan, do you even know how much I appreciated those Life Savers!?) because I definitely felt them and needed them this week.

So here is to the weekend- maybe I will get out of the house and go take some pictures of Rivne so you are inspired to come visit. Maybe I will get to Metro (I hear they might have cheddar cheese...) But one thing for certain is, I will get out of bed. I will enjoy this awesome fall weather (I LOVE fall!) and I will definitely be missing home. But half a year down already and things only get better everyday!

Love you all and miss you so much. Give somebody a hug for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment