Stress- lots of it. Trying to get my medical passed and completely cleared before I leave the state next week (!!!!). Trying to be relaxed about still being in the chasm of undetermined Peace Corps status, which I think I would be so much better at if everybody would stop asking if I know anything yet. Which really, is only fair for them to ask and I feel special when they do. However, the more they stress the more that I feel I should stress too. *le sigh*
But, overall, I am vastly enjoying my new residence with Amanda and her awesome roomates. It's not quite home because I am the baby amongst this group, but its close to. Lots of "sisters" and a house that is much lived in. Plus the time spent with Amanda is absolutely terrific. She is one of my most favorite people and I very much love her to death! And of course, the fact that I will only be in Florida for just over a week (9 days!!) means that I have been spending a lot of time with all those awesome people that I love in the state.
This obviously includes Lyssa and Katelyn. With whom I had a most pleasant weekend with. Dinner, shots, and movie... the one single way that it could have been better is if our long lost Chica was present too. But we sent her a video text and she definitely was in our minds the whole evening.
It is weird to think that half the Stanley Clan was in one place, its a pretty impressive feat really. And its rough to think that it may take effort now for that many of us sisters to be in the same place again. Granted, any one of us visiting the parents equals half the family, so the emphasis would rather be on 75% of the Stanley Girls in one location. Lyssa staying in Melbourne for her job, Chica off in Arizona currently, and Kate in Nebraska (well Florida for now), and me, well I just am the vagrant wanderer for now. So three Stanley girls, one house, a whole weekend. And we didn't kill each other. Gold star for us!
So for the week: good sister bonding, learning how to be patient, trying to get hold of my medical clearance nurse, and of course, shenanigans. Love to all and hopefully news (like real Peace Corps news) soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment