Wow did things just suddenly become... I don't even know if there is a word for what it is.
Had an absolutely fantastic, amazing, great going away party. Somehow managed not to cry, though Frenchie almost had me in tears when she arrived. But all of my favorite people in one place. Three tables, half the bar, and so much awesomeness! Absolutely epic and I am so blessed to have so many awesome people in my life!
My medical clearance was determined. (!!) Which means that soon I will be getting the letter determining whether I can leave in September or not. I wish that I had more info than that, but unfortunately all I know is that my medical part is done.
Found out some news about friends that are really proving we are growing up. Not the same type as "Oh, so and so is getting married" because we all know there are some commitment/dependency issues in that circumstance, me knowing it more particularly than others. Not the "Oh, so and so got a 'real' job." What I am talking about is having kids. Becoming parents. Just wow.
And of course the fact that I am truly leaving Florida in less than a week is really hitting in. And I do firmly believe that there is no such thing as "Good Byes" because there is nothing permanent in this world. But that when I leave next Thursday anything that I don't want to continue to follow me in my life can be wholly left behind. I bring with me what I want to come forward in my life and that means that I can leave my little black box here. Thank the Lord for new beginnings. And for the experiences that give me strength to start in them.
So the word for it would be... dazed/surprised/awed/saddened/heartened/strengthened/elated/nervous/proud and excited. And none of these are any of my big words. My extensive vocabulary has failed me. I will amend this... when the words come back.
Good luck, Tank!
ReplyDelete