Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

August 26, 2010

Peace Corps Update

Dearest All,

It has come time for me to actually update you on my life status. As most of you know I was nominated for the NGO Development Program with the Peace Corps to be leaving September for Georgia, Armenia, or Azerbaijan. However, I did not get that particular program. This means that I am still qualified and "in" the Peace Corps but I won't be leaving in September for those countries and for that purpose. My file will be put up for consideration for another program. Most likely I will then be departing the US next year sometime, but I don't know where, and I don't know when. Untill then, I will be living with my parents, who have graciously let me come home. I will be applying for a job with the Depot out here, if not getting some other part time job somewhere else. I shall see what happens as it comes about.

And just for the purposes of record keeping, this isn't bad news by any means. It just means that there is a better program that I am more suited for. And who knows, I may end up in Asia like I really want. But whereever, and whenever I go it will be fantastic so its just being patient untill then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment