Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

November 7, 2010

First Paycheck

So I got my first paycheck. Decent money, I can't complain: especially in today's economy. It did catch me off guard though because my old job was so perfect for me and paid me for what I was worth. Either way though, went and spent it today. Needed to get warm clothing for Ne and Ukraine. And dress clothes that would be appropriate for both here and there. I am officially a clearance shopper. Just saying I am a shopper at all is slightly odd but I guess times change. Boots, down-jacket, long sleeve shirts, and dresses. Next pay check is for some pants and socks. Guess that's my strange order of business and priorities.

Still trying to think of a great theme/concept for a holiday inspired "On-The-Spot" for my Flash. She is awesome and hopefully I can manage something that will even bring a smile to her face this time. :) Christy just posted her new poem and I feel slightly intimidated so I don't know how my muse will take the comparison. Off to some laundry and sleeping prior to work tomorrow. (As well as waiting for another long letter from Christy)

No comments:

Post a Comment