Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

February 28, 2011

The final countdown

As everybody knows, I have been preparing for my grand adventure to Ukraine for the Peace Corps. And I feel that I have actually been pretty productive about it. I have my nice long, down-filled, winter coat. I have some new skirts, shirts, and shoes for a professional wardrobe. I have been trying to get my Ukrainian as fluent as is possible off of a survival Ukrainian manual. (Which, I would say is pretty good so far- have a ton of flash cards and some homemade posters!) And am now just working on getting Host Gifts in order. And yet now that there is twenty-two days left I feel that I still have so much to do! It probably stems from the concept of that I am truly leaving. As in I will be gone, on the plane, for twenty-seven months. Wow.

So, work has been informed of my departure. More going-away parties are planned. Adventures and experiences planned. Rereading all the books that I love but can't bring with me. And eating all the barbecue sauce, peanut butter, and *homemade and therefor real* Mexican food I can get. Wow, that really makes me come off a as a munch mouth! But, I guess it's true enough anyhow!

So plane tickets booked to DC, and all such shenanigans accounted for, I am off to still yet getting everything done!

No comments:

Post a Comment