Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

October 3, 2010

Reading Time

I have found myself in possession of a significant amount of free time lately, and owing to this I have found the local library (a $40 fee because I am not officially located in the county) and have started catching up on my reading list. And for those of you that don't know me or my list, I will elaborate this by saying my list is essentially a living thing with the constantly growing and evolving status that it has attained. I read pretty much anything, any genre, any length, etc. My favorite people to take recommendations from would definitely be my Mom, Oma, Amanda, and Joie. To make it fair though, I pass on good books right back to them, in the spirit of sharing, I will post them here to (in case that you would also like to partake in a good read)

Favorites: (in no particular order)
Specific Books:
The Far Pavilions, M. M. Kaye
Outlander Series, Diana Gabaldon
The Captain and the King, Taylor Caldwell
Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carrol
Three Musketeers, Alexander Dumas
Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden
Lord of the Rings Trilogy, J. R. R. Tolkien

Authors:
Barbara Kingsolver
Diana Gabaldon (Haven't yet read on of her books that I am not wholly impressed with)
Amy Tan
Joanne Harris (Love her varied styles)

Youth Fiction Guilty Pleasures
Harry Potter
Narnia Series

I would like to post my reading list, but I don't think that I would ever be able to actually list all of the books that I intend to read. But for curiosity's sake I will post some of the ones that I have already in hand to read: Pillars of the Earth, Love in a Time of Cholera, Centennial, Jurassic Park, and Swiss Family Robinson, (and the second book in the Lightning Thief series, but that's a guilty pleasure and I am keeping it on the down low). I will probably add a few more to the list as winter is coming, but its a start and that is all that matters.

Get out there and read! (And pass on any good books if you find them, Please)

No comments:

Post a Comment