OK, so for this article I would just like to provide a brief introduction. I am reading Barbara Kingsolver's "The Lacuna," and it is essentially written in a different journal style than I am used to, but would like to give it a try here. Also, while I haven't finished the book, I am enjoying it immensely and hope that it will join my favorite book collection list.
This weekend was busy, a relief from the tedium of nothing-ness. Aunt Moni and Oma came in and the next morning Katelyn followed suit. So far, so awesome. But then, even better, Chica came home! Thrift store adventures, speedy finishing of the picnic table (that never actually got done, sadly enough) and cooking. Lots of cooking really. Researching recipes for new menus- varying from Scottish, Italian, and American basic food. Shopping for the food to make these menus, and of course the actual prep time. Then sadness, Monday for their departure. Oma and Moni took Kate and then the delivery of Chica to the airport. But promises of soon reunions. Talk of a birthday celebration in December. And of course Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years.
Gym, job applications, and cleaning were the to-do list for today. Job application resulted in a follow up interview set for tomorrow. But the results and details won't be posted until the results are finalized one way or the other. Exciting news though was the delivery of a package in the mail. An official invite to serve the PC in Ukraine. Training to start in March. Excitement doesn't even begin to cover the response to that invite. Ecstatic celebrations may be more along the correct lines, though it's uncertain if that even accomplishes it. So begins research and training in Ukrainian!
No comments:
Post a Comment