Disclaimer

This blog is a representation of me, and my opinions and adventures, and it does not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

October 7, 2010

Shout Out

So in living with my parents for the last few weeks I am come to the definite conclusion that I miss my roomates. Every little thing tends to remind me of them, and I will send a shout out to Brittany in this one because she is my inspiration for this post.

I am of the general opinion that everybody should be celebrated for their unique awesomeness and contributions to society. Enter Brittany, I would continuously thank her for being awesome: an awesome cook, a fantastic listener, a slap-in-the-face when I needed a reality check, and a great comfort and addition to making our apartment a home. And not having my awesome roommates out here in the land of corn, I have decided to dedicate a post to them. But then, being the random overachieving person that I am, I wanted to shout out to not just my roommates but all of my best friends.

The problem with this is that I ran into the realization that I am slightly blessed in having as many best friends as I do. Heck, I would start to list them here, but then the list would go on and on and on and on... well you get the gist. And then I would probably get off topic in the list and invariably one of my faves would some how manage not to be mentioned and then I would feel horrid.

Either way, I am off topic again. (Maybe this is a record for me, what are we up to, five times this post alone?) So here is my shout out:
To all of my best friends, "Besties," sisters at heart, twin souls, "Persons," roommates, forever friends, "Lovers," "Spouceies," and every other title that can be applied- You are all so very awesome and you have made me who I am. To my family, both blood related and otherwise, I am so lucky to have you in my life. Everyone, you have made me a truly blessed human being and I only wish that I can pass that type of inspiration on and back to you all.

So thanks for supporting me, and in commemoration of your support I would like to officially announce that as of October 5th, I am officially invited to serve in the Peace Corps. I may not know where I am going or even when, but I will be going. And I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.
(And you know who you all are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment